cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from old iPhone 5c to new IPhone 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to transfer to my new IPhone.  SIM card fits but the option to restore from iCloud or iTunes isn't highlighted.  I don't want to start from scratch simply want all data, contacts etc. transferred over. Can anyone help?  I can't get through to O2 as they are always busy.

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Also, if they are trying to restore from itunes on a pc the backup must be made with the same version of ios that the new phone is running, so make sure both are running the latest then back up the old phone before restoring to the new one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Make sure you are signed in to iCloud properly or do it on a PC/laptop.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 15

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Have you followed all the steps listed here either on computer or using the cloud ? https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201269

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 15

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have the latest iTunes update 12.3 & backed up your iPhone as @jonsie has asked

Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If the op has signed into icloud on the new phone it has nothing to do with itunes at all.
It's only relevant if trying to restore from a PC backup which didn't appear to be the case from their first post....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
If the op has signed into icloud on the new phone it has nothing to do with itunes at all.
It's only relevant if trying to restore from a PC backup which didn't appear to be the case from their first post....

Ah I see, thanks @MI5 when I had iPhones I did it via the PC not iCloud on the phone

Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Also, if they are trying to restore from itunes on a pc the backup must be made with the same version of ios that the new phone is running, so make sure both are running the latest then back up the old phone before restoring to the new one.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I did that with my previous iPhones especially when it was the iOS 7 storage issue

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for advice.  After a very lengthy process I had to update to IOS 9 on my new IPhone 6 to be compatible with my old IPhone 5c before setting up with my old SIM card.  Success at last!

Message 10 of 15