cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from a sim only plan. Looking at refurbs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys. 

Looking to upgrade to a phone contract (I've been a Simplicity customer for over three years) and I've been looking at getting a refurb for the price advavantages. I just had two quick questions. 

1. Does anyone have any experiance with refurbs and how deacent condition are they? I understand (or atleast I think I do) that most refurbs are from customers who have returned the phones before the fourteen day "cooling off" peroid. 

2. Warranty - I saw on the website that refurbs come with a three months warranty as standard, but I also saw on another forum that the warranty on refurbs is treated the same as a warranty on a new phone (on a contract) and is covered by a twelve month warranty. Can anyone shed any light on this? 

Thanks very much for any help in advance. 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
O2 only warrant refirbs for 3 months but the manufacturer warranty will still apply (2 years on most phones except Apple where it is 12 months). I've seen a few refurb phones that various people have had and they have all been essentially "as new" except you may not get all the accessories with them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
O2 only warrant refirbs for 3 months but the manufacturer warranty will still apply (2 years on most phones except Apple where it is 12 months). I've seen a few refurb phones that various people have had and they have all been essentially "as new" except you may not get all the accessories with them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much for the reply, that's answered all my questions. 

Much thanks 

Alan

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
In fact, thinking about it my very first Galaxy S was a refurb. My father in law still uses it today and it's never been a bother at all (except when he forgets his passwords, but that's a different story) slight_smile

Anyway, enjoy your new phone, whichever one you decide on.....

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was going to go for the SIII refurb, but it appears to be out of stock 😞

Darn it, was looking forward to ringing up tomorrow to make a purchase after having all my questions resolved and making a decision. 

Maybe I'll phone up tomorrow just incase to check on the stock. 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Good choice. Keep your eye on stock levels or buy sim free phone and go onto simplicity tariff.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6