cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading early

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im due for an upgrade in May next year. I have recently taken work away from home and my 100min of inclusive calls for £14 pm was now not enough. I was thinking of upgrading early in Jan, fee was around £78. In the interim I changed onto an unlimited call tariff, still with the intention of upgrading in early Jan. I now find my upgrade early fee has changed to £108. Guess that's what you get for being a loyal O2 customer. More irrelevant charges which are just plain inexplicable!
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Welcome to the Community @Anonymous

When you changed your tariff did you discuss with the advisor about upgrading your contract early with a new device? If not then there is probably little you can do.

That said when you go through to upgrades I would discuss this with them as they may offer a good will gesture given the circumstances.

If the first advisor declines. Don't lose hope. Politely thank them and say you will think about it then call up again to a different advisor and try again.

Good luck

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I can understand why the computer would calculate it the way it has but it may be worth you speaking to CS on 202 to see if they can over ride it after explaining your situation to them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.

Things like this can seem unfair but as said if you speak to customer services or pop into an O2 HighStreet store they may be able to offer a reasonable solution.

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Welcome to the Community @Anonymous

When you changed your tariff did you discuss with the advisor about upgrading your contract early with a new device? If not then there is probably little you can do.

That said when you go through to upgrades I would discuss this with them as they may offer a good will gesture given the circumstances.

If the first advisor declines. Don't lose hope. Politely thank them and say you will think about it then call up again to a different advisor and try again.

Good luck
Message 4 of 4