Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading early

Parquet
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am looking to upgrade to the Galaxy s9. 

I still have a few months left on my contract so would need to pay about £190 (including the 25% discount) extra if I went through o2.co.uk

I have seen a better O2 upgrade deal on Mobiles.co.uk. However when I go through the ordering process they don't seem to add the £190 to the amount I need to pay.

Can anyone advise if I can order this way  and if so could I pay o2 the extra £190 in a sepearate payment.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144140 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

You need to pay O2 to clear your device payment first.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-can-I-pay-my-bill/ba-p/1014090
Pay through the MyO2 app or by calling customer services.
Help on paying in link.

You won't get the discount though as that is an incentive to upgrade with o2 directly, so you need to work out the overall costs to see which is the better deal.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144140 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

You need to pay O2 to clear your device payment first.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-can-I-pay-my-bill/ba-p/1014090
Pay through the MyO2 app or by calling customer services.
Help on paying in link.

You won't get the discount though as that is an incentive to upgrade with o2 directly, so you need to work out the overall costs to see which is the better deal.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don’t want Refresh or it’s not a deal breaker for you then go with the deal you want if you don’t mind being tied into a 24 month contract 

Message 3 of 3