Did you mean: 

Upgrading - choosing a tablet

hari79
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi folks,

I want to stay with O2 and want to keep my phone, probably keep the same tariff but get a tablet. The only options i get tariff wise is data offers, but calls aren't included... i want to keep my existing phone and make calls with it and use the tablet on wifi so not fussed about data. Bit concerned that my tariff will switch to a data plan which i'll hardly use and i'll get charged for calls...

That right?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
If you upgrade to a tablet then yes you will change to a data only plan.
If you want to keep your existing phone and get a tablet as well, then you would be taking out a 2nd line (2nd contract) to run alongside your first (the phone).
Depending on if you are close to a store (and it is convenient) it would make sense to visit one and explain there - that way you know you are getting the correct thing and you have the tablet immediately.
o2 don't have a live stock system, so you are rolling the dice to see if one is in stock if you order on-line...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

You will have to pay off your existing contract if there are any fees left before you upgrade so yes the tariff will change if you upgrade to a tablet 

Message 2 of 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
If you upgrade to a tablet then yes you will change to a data only plan.
If you want to keep your existing phone and get a tablet as well, then you would be taking out a 2nd line (2nd contract) to run alongside your first (the phone).
Depending on if you are close to a store (and it is convenient) it would make sense to visit one and explain there - that way you know you are getting the correct thing and you have the tablet immediately.
o2 don't have a live stock system, so you are rolling the dice to see if one is in stock if you order on-line...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 3