Did you mean: 

Upgrading but not activating

Robbb81
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

My daughter's phone is due an upgrade now. She is on my O2 account along with the rest of my family. We want to get her new phone now but not give it to her until Christmas. She will still need access to a phone until then so will that be possible? Will she be able to continue using her exsisting phone until Christmas even though we have a new phone and sim? Will we be paying 2 contracts?

Thanks
Rob

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Robbb81 

You'll need an excuse when she asks why she's getting texts about a tariff change and you'll also need access to her phone to get the code sent to it when you start the upgrade process.

But otherwise, the change is seamless.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Robbb81 

When you upgrade, the changes are made to the current sim card, so that will carry on working in the current phone, but with the new tariff that comes with the new phone.

When you want to use the new phone, just transfer the current sim to it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Robbb81
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the quick reply.

So we wont need to do anything? My daughter wont notice anything different as she continues to use her current phone? She never checks her data usage etc.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Robbb81 

You'll need an excuse when she asks why she's getting texts about a tariff change and you'll also need access to her phone to get the code sent to it when you start the upgrade process.

But otherwise, the change is seamless.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Robbb81
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's great, thanks. I think I will just tell her we've changed her tariff to reduce the data as she never uses it wink

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
lol

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Sam200980
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you 😊
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You're both most welcome slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8