cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading SIM only plan - better deals for new customers only?

m0nsterm4sh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have a plan that's been going for a few years.  £11.50 for 500mb, 500 mins & unlimited texts.  I could do with more data and minutes in the future.

Looking at the sim-only plans for new users I can see one for £16 that gives 5gb and unlimted texts and minutes.  However when I try to upgrade my tarrif the nearest equivalent is 6gb for £26 or 3gb for £21, both with inclusive minutes & texts.

Is it possible to upgrade to the £16 tarrif or is that only for new customers?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
The same deals are available for everyone so if you can’t upgrade in your MyO2 give customer service a call on 202.
It’s probably because your tariff is very old.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I have a 12 month sim only and had it for many years. I look at the deals offered all the time. If one comes up with more data than I have with a discount showing then I simply phone up to change to that deal. OK I have to renew for another 12 months but as I always have a 12 month   contract it is never a problem for me. 

Message 3 of 7

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @m0nsterm4sh, it is great to see you back!

Thanks @jonsie and @MI5 for your help and advice heartFantastic

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you.

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 4 of 7

m0nsterm4sh
  • 22 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the replies, I can see the promotional tarrif now, I was looking at "Change Tarrif" when I should have been looking at "Upgrade".

Thanks.

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Well spotted slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7