cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was browsing the shop considering and upgrade, I noticed a couple of handsets (which ones are no longer important) that where being offered as refurbs with a slightly reduced monthly price over the new handsets. So I thought, yeah that will do, gets me a newer phone without a huge increase in monthly cost.

However, when I actually log in to browse the upgrades, the very same handsets are now no longer available as refurbs, they all say out of stock. Now I have tried this on various days, and also with 2 machines sat side by side, and they clearly show as available, until you login to browse upgrades on one machine, so we have one telling me they are available and one saying they are out of stock.

If you click through to order (on the machine not logged in to browse upgrades) these handsets still appear as available, but yet never show up at all as being in stock when browsing upgrades, I have tried it a few ways just to make sure im not going mad.

So really the question is why? Why am I (and I presume other customers) not allowed to purchase refurb handsets as an upgrade? Why do O2 feel the need and right to remove this option from my purchasing choices? Why? Why?

On top of this when I mentioned it to online chat, they tried to make out I was mistaken, but I can confirm, without doubt this is not the case...

Any thoughts on this? O has someone got some insight as to why this happens?

mrbee

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to order a refurb phone as an upgrade and was attempting to sort it via the online chat.  I was told that refurb phones are not available as upgrades.  I did try to argue the fact that as a loyal customer I should be offered the same as new customers, but he wouldn't budge and was adamant that I couldn't have it.  I eventually ordered a different phone and have now returned it and asked to cancel the upgrade.  Now they are saying they haven't received the phone back!  Well and truley sick of O2!!

Message 31 of 46

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93267 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Have you tried calling customer service rather than using chat. It's much better to actually speak to them.

How did you return the phone, did you get proof of postage?

Message 32 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just emailed customer services as I was advised via chat that I would need to fax my certificate of postage. I offered to scan and email it but apparently that wasn't acceptable. For a company such as o2 you'd have thought they would have moved on from fax. I don't know anyone that still uses them! On a separate note, when I asked about the refurb phone he also stated that there was no additional deals available to existing customers as well. The only thing I was offered was to check via a link if I worked for a company eligible for a discount on the airtime tariff. Which I wasn't....so that just annoyed me even more as it proves there are discounts available, but only if you're face fits so to speak.
Message 33 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. In relation to your initial enquiry about upgrading to a refurb handset you would have been better to do so over the phone or in store. We don't recommend Live Chat here.

As for your phone that you sent back, did it go by signed for delivery such as recorded delivery or special delivery? If so then the Royal Mail can tell you who signed for it and at what date/time.

I would hope you didn't just send it first class as it may have gone missing, gone to the wrong address or taken in by o2 but they may not know who it was from. It may also be waiting to be booked back in to stock and your account updated.
Message 34 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ellie

This is why we don't recommend Live Chat for anything other than basic stuff.

Well done for getting proof of posting although unless sent by signed for delivery doesn't mean o2 will have received it.

How was it sent back?
Message 35 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cancel that.....I've just received a reply stating that they've closed their email support and I can contact them via live chat!   I'll give them a ring later, when I've calmed down enough not to swear at them.

Message 36 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked my partner to send it, and unfortunately he just sent it with proof of postage.  I did enclose a note with my account number etc and asking to cancel the upgrade.

Message 37 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hate to tell you this but if o2 can't confirm receipt then your claim will be against the Royal Mail who, for first class post not signed for only pay out a very small amount, certainly not the coast of a smartphone.

Royal Mail advise posters to use Royal Mail Special Delivery for valuable items and costs around £6.50 for a package that size.
Message 38 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did have that awful sinking feeling when it was just sent normal post.  I'll give it till Monday and then ring customer services.  I suppose my only consolation is I didn't order one of the most expensive phones, so I won't be paying back £600 plus for something I haven't got slight_frown

Message 39 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't give up hope. It might just be waiting booking in but I would also send your proof of posting in even if you do have to fax it lol.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.
Message 40 of 46