Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades

Ginger1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m wanting a tablet on contract. I could have it for a deposit of £365, or go on sim only for 6 months. I chose the latter but I don’t want it if I can’t upgrade to an iPad rather than new phone. Can this sim be upgraded to a tablet rather than phone??? TIA x
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
SIM Only contracts if you selected phone at the time are not upgradable to tablet ones. you would need to have selected tablet at the time of choosing the SIM card.
Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Ginger1 

You could upgrade to any device on refresh but if you choose a tablet you will only get a data sim, so the phone SIM would stop working and you won't be able to receive or make calls.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Ginger1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I clicked the pad and data I wanted etc and it came back with a deposit was needed or I could have a sim. Surely they would have offered a sim knowing it was a tablet I wanted if that makes sense. I will send the sim back if it can’t be upgraded to a tablet. Is there a way of finding out what sort of sim I have it’s just come this morning
Message 4 of 11

Ginger1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It says it’s a pay monthly and business sim for any phone or tablet?
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
That's just a data sim for you to use in an existing tablet.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Ginger1
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I should be able to upgrade it to a tablet? Sorry if I seen thick.,, lack of sleep and teething baby lol.
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Ginger1 

Yes, you will be able to.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

As long as you don't want to keep the mobile number @Ginger1 

@Ginger1 

already has a sim only data sim. 

The phone number is irrelevant but will remain the same when the simo is upgraded.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11