Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades

Jodie7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello guys. I have been offerd a upgrade. Im current on pay monthly sim. And I want to get a tablet. When I go to get one off o2 I don't undestand that if I get this new tablet will my.plan change that I already have because I still want the sim for my mobile but a new sim comes with the tablet. I don't understand lol will I end up with 2 sim cards? Please help if anyone understands what I am on about thanks
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Daniellexcx89
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, when I ordered my contract SIM card I was asked if I wanted to add another SIM card for cheaper which I did for my son, we’ve both had the contract SIM cards 6 months and due an upgrade I’ve upgraded my phone but I can’t find my sons account to upgrade his phone, the phone he was using which had the app logged into his account the screen has broke is there anyway of getting into the account when they’re both under my email address but his phone number is not linked to my account
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Jodie7 wrote:
Hello guys. I have been offerd a upgrade. Im current on pay monthly sim. And I want to get a tablet. When I go to get one off o2 I don't undestand that if I get this new tablet will my.plan change that I already have because I still want the sim for my mobile but a new sim comes with the tablet. I don't understand lol will I end up with 2 sim cards? Please help if anyone understands what I am on about thanks

You will have two contracts if you are keeping your phone @Jodie7 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Daniellexcx89 wrote:
Hi, when I ordered my contract SIM card I was asked if I wanted to add another SIM card for cheaper which I did for my son, we’ve both had the contract SIM cards 6 months and due an upgrade I’ve upgraded my phone but I can’t find my sons account to upgrade his phone, the phone he was using which had the app logged into his account the screen has broke is there anyway of getting into the account when they’re both under my email address but his phone number is not linked to my account

You will have to speak to O2

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Jodie7 If you upgrade to a tablet your phone will be disconnected and you will not be able to use it as a phone.

If you want a tablet, you will need to take a new contract for it and keep your phone separate.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Jodie7
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
it was a old phone I'm using. it was a contract sim card I got at 1st and now they have asked if I want a upgrade but I want a tablet. thanks for getting back to me
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Jodie7 

The point is that it will change your phone SIM to a data only SIM so you will loose the ability to make calls in your phone.

If you want to keep your phone functioning as a phone, you need to take the iPad on a new contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

Lisaxx93
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How soon will my phone stop being able to make calls or send texts once I've processed my upgrade on the app?
Message 8 of 8