cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades via mobiles.co.uk

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. New to the boards, be gentle!

Looking for a bit of advice with regards to upgrading my iPhone 4.

Been with O2 since 2008, had an 18 month contract and switched to Simplicity when that was done. Looking to upgrade to the iPhone 5s via mobiles.co.uk, which I know is just an offshoot of CPW. Trouble is, when you upgrade with them it says they don't send out any SIM card, which in this case would be a Nano SIM. 

My question is, if I upgrade via the mobiles.co.uk website, how do I obtain a Nano SIM  and swap my number over to my new iPhone?

Apologies if this has been answered before, which is likely!

Regards!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can do it in store or by calling CS (you can't order a contract sim online) and make sure you ask for a contract sim as they are different.
Use the sim swap form if you do it yourself http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Community Forum.

All you do is go to your local O2 shop and they will perform a sim swap ,which moves your tariff and mobile number from your original SIM card to the nano SIM card.

This process takes from a few minutes up to 24 hours to settle.

Typically turning airplane mode on and off helps the reconnection to the network process.

You'll know when the process has started as service will stop on your original SIM card first.

Or if you want take the account specific blank nano SIM card home and do the swapmysim process via http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk ,but as your in the shop you might as well let them do it for you. slight_smile

The SIM cards are free.

As a contract customer you should take some I.d with you to prove your the account holder just incase they ask for it.

Nice choice of phone. wink
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That seems strange and maybe something to do with ordering online, but every upgrade I've ever done with CPW they have given me a new sim card.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

BuyMobiles is the same, any upgrades through them don't include a new sim card. Thankfully O2 don't charge for theirs for when you need a different size (unlike some other networks)!

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

So all I do is go into O2 and ask for a Nano SIM, then for the number to be swapped over as normal? Can I do both/either online, or do I have to go in? Would you recommend being in possesion of a new SIM before I complete purchase of the new phone?

Thanks

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can do it in store or by calling CS (you can't order a contract sim online) and make sure you ask for a contract sim as they are different.
Use the sim swap form if you do it yourself http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Martin247

I think you'll find it simpler doing as I said in my first reply and pop into the O2 store for them to sim swap for you or yes indeed via the link also added you can do it at home.

Just allow for the process time it takes to actual swap. Ie from a few minutes to approximately 24 hours.

Message 7 of 7