Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades - Do O2 value their Customers?

Ronnie46
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Currently, I have a chip only with 5GB Data data | Unlimited minutes | Unlimited texts | at about £11 pm.
-
Logging onto MyO2 account I got a message "Good news. You can upgrade today"
--
So I was going to upgrade to Samsung Galaxy A51 | Blue | 128GB. with the Tariff stated: Monthly rolling | 1GB data | Unlimited minutes | Unlimited texts | Not including the cost of the phone the charge was £18pm
--
So I would get 4GB data less and pay £7pm more !!! (£84 a year more expensive and 48GB less over a year)
--
Not much of a deal for an existing customer.

--

It does not seem right that we should be penalised on Text/Message/GB charges for changing phones.

--
I was advised to go and buy the phone elsewhere and keep the chip.

--

O2 obviously do not valve their customers

--

Ronnie

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94426 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

The only good deals seem to be for sim only

It's unlikely you would get a better offer from O2 and phones can be bought much cheaper elsewhere

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149983 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
If you're going from SIM only to a full contract it's obviously going to cost more, surely?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 4

Slushpuppy1
Level 3: Thinker
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I've just got this phone for my son from Sky mobile, £11p/m for 2 years and then £6 p/m for 1 year sim free. And will keep the o2 sim which is £20 p/m and 100gb.
Hope this helps
Message 4 of 4