cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded - wrong tarriff applied!?

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello, has anyone had a similar issue lately? I upgraded my Sim only as I like my current phone. The offer was 10gb data at £17 for 12 months, then it will revert to £30. Just viewed my updated account and its saying £30 / month! Help...

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous have a look at this. It is a discount applied as a bolt on https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Where-is-my-discount-or-Extra-Data/bc-p/1075494

I have a discount to my sim only contract. You see it when the bill is generated. You will only pay the discounted rate you signed up for

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous have a look at this. It is a discount applied as a bolt on https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Where-is-my-discount-or-Extra-Data/bc-p/1075494

I have a discount to my sim only contract. You see it when the bill is generated. You will only pay the discounted rate you signed up for

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

We see this type of question asked so many times. Why is applying a discount so complicated? Why does it have to be via a bolt-on? Why can't they just apply the discount instead of going all around the houses? The mind boggles.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Perhaps changing the system to show the discount is beyond their pay grade but they are able to add the bolt on. It needs someone who can come up with the ways and means to allow the system to show the correct tariff after discount and also to charge the full price after two years. 

Perhaps they feel it is necessary to show a discount and it's easier to add and remove bolt ons automatically?

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Indeed I assume also it’s because it’s a temporary discount.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue. it says £17 for 12 months but at the end it says £30. I am planning to go to the store to speak to about this issue

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

It says the discounted price will end on 7th of Feb and even now it says £30 after the upgrade

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the same issue. it says £17 for 12 months but at the end it says £30. I am planning to go to the store to speak to about this issue

Have you read my help guide which has already been mentioned on this thread?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/Where-is-my-discount/bc-p/1075494

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8