Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to new phone but not sure

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Hi guys,I upgraded today,but to be honest I'm not really sure if I like the phone.I know and I understand I have 14 days to return.Do I have to return to the store I got it from or can I go to any store?The reason I ask that is just I got in a store on the way home from work and it's miles out of the way.Any help is appreciated.Thanks

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Hi @Charlieboyoo, there's no reason why you couldn't return or exchange it in any O2 store. If your local store is reluctant to do so, insist or ask for a manager and refer to my post if you need to.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

PhoneDoc
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Hi @Charlieboyoo, there's no reason why you couldn't return or exchange it in any O2 store. If your local store is reluctant to do so, insist or ask for a manager and refer to my post if you need to.

Message 3 of 21

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
Thanks,that's good to know.I read the link jonsie attached and it's confusing cause it's says return to a store.not any specific store.It makes life easier for me to go to my local one.its 2 mins away.I will go down during the week.Thanks I will refer your post if they try to give me any hassle.
Message 4 of 21

PhoneDoc
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
No worries Charlie, all the best
Message 5 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I have always understood you have to return it to the store it was purchased from? Taken from the link @jonsie provided

instore 2.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 21

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Thanks for clarifying @PhoneDoc as I always thought it had to go back to the same store.

Let us know how you get on @Charlieboyoo

Message 7 of 21

PhoneDoc
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
As long as the purchase was made in a store (not online or over the phone), you can return the goods to any store.
Returns can impact how a store's performance is calculated, so you may run into resistance if youre trying to return hundreds of pounds of accessories from another store, for example. No stores should have qualms over cancelling or exchanging an upgrade though
Message 8 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@PhoneDoc wrote:
As long as the purchase was made in a store (not online or over the phone), you can return the goods to any store.
Returns can impact how a store's performance is calculated, so you may run into resistance if youre trying to return hundreds of pounds of accessories from another store, for example. No stores should have qualms over cancelling or exchanging an upgrade though

Thanks for the update. I didn't realise there had been a change in policy...

Edited to add this... as confirmed by @MI5 He said the same store as some are O2 shops and others are franchises

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/14-day-returns/m-p/953820/highlight/true#M79728

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 21

PhoneDoc
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
No worries. This has been a policy for as long as I've been in the company, but there can be a fair bit of resistance to it depending on the individual advisor and the store unfortunately. Hopefully it won't be long until phone and online orders can be exchanged in stores as well
Message 10 of 21