cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to iPhone 5s via telephone said in stock later delayed to 3 to 6 weeks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I was looking for a fast track upgrade and visited the O2 Shop on oxford street on November 22, 2013
The executive at the store was unable to do an in store upgrade and I was put through to telephone upgrade team for upgrade (all this took more than an hour to do).

I wanted to upgrade to an iPhone 5s Space Grey 64GB but was informed on the phone that this model was out of stock and delivery times are around 3 to 6 weeks but was offered Silver and Gold with delivery times of within a week so placed an order for iPhone 5s 64GB Gold. Date: November 22, 2013.

On November 25, 2013, I inquired with the online chat executive for an update with regards to my order and I was informed its been delayed and will take 3 to 6 weeks for delivery.
After more than an hour of chat Upgrade teams, floor manager reprocessed the order and informed me it will be delivered within a week.

Now I would like the answers to the following questions and would like to know if this is common with O2:

1. Giving false information while placing the order?
2. The phone shows in stock in the online store so is that false information as well?
3. I was informed that the phone is in stock but delivery is delayed.(Read the chat below) Can anyone explain this? Its delayed because O2 just felt like I should wait.
4. I was also informed to cancel my current order and place a new order and the new order will arrive in a week. So orders placed in the previous week were by sinners hence there orders are not important. And after wasting two hours with O2 my sins are forgiven and now I can receive it in time?

Here is a copy of your chat with O2.

General Info

Chat start time

Nov 24, 2013 5:25:18 AM EST

Chat end time

Nov 24, 2013 6:31:20 AM EST

Duration (actual chatting time)

01:06:02

Operator

Cameron

Chat Transcript

info: Welcome to O2. Someone will be with you soon. 

info: You're through to 'Rizwan'

Rizwan: Hello, it's Rizwan here. What can I do for you?

M: hi rizwan, i recently did a fast track upgrade to O2 refresh and wanted to know when will my order be completed and despatched as currently it shows as in progress

Rizwan: Hi M.

M: order# xx-xxxxxxxxx

Rizwan: No worries M.

Rizwan: I'll suerly help you with this.

Rizwan: Can you tell me the 1st and 4th characters of your security answer?

M:

Rizwan: That's perfect.

Rizwan: slight_smile

Rizwan: Please allow me a moment while I am  checking details for you.

M: ok

Rizwan: Thank you for waiting M.

Rizwan: As I check there is a waiting of 3 to 6 weeks. once the order is diospatched you'll get a confirmation email for the same.

M: no problem

M: well when i placed my order i was told its in stock and will be despatched immediately

Rizwan: I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

M: so i need to know then why was i told one week?

M: otherwise i wouldn't have placed my order

Rizwan: I understand your concern but due to high demand, this thing is happening. Pleas don't worry, it'll be dispatched soon and you'll get an order confirmation email from us.

M: no i need a complaint and want to escalate this matter to manager as i was given false information

Rizwan: It'll be done on priorety basis for you M.

M: and if i want to cancel my order how do i go about it?

M: no i need a complaint ref number and escalation to manager

Rizwan: Not an issue M.

Rizwan: Do you wish to cancel this order?

M: no first make a complaint and give me a complaint number and escalation to manager

M: and then i will talk to him about my options

Rizwan: No worries M.

Rizwan: I'll conect you to my superwiser.

M: sure

Rizwan: Please be online.

info: Hold on. You're being put through to O2 - Harmeet. 

info: You're through to 'O2 - Harmeet'

O2 - Harmeet: Hi

O2 - Harmeet: Please wait while I go through your chat notes.

M: Hi harmeet, i placed the following order over the phone: xx-xxxxxxxxx

O2 - Harmeet: Ok

O2 - Harmeet: I can see that you placed the order for the iPhone 5S Gold.

M: and was told that the phone was in stock and will be despatched immediately

O2 - Harmeet: But, I can see that this order is right now out of stock.

M: so then why was i given false information?

O2 - Harmeet: There is a high demand of this phone. This is the reason, we're giving it on first come first basis.

M: then why was i told its in stock and will be despatched and will be with me in a week

O2 - Harmeet: I really understand your concern.

O2 - Harmeet: If you want, I can cancel your this order and you can place a new order by visiting your nearest O2 store.

M: so i want to register a complaint for false information and want to have it investigated first

O2 - Harmeet: and get your hands on your new phone immediately.

M: can you give me a complaint number?

M: and if i cancel my order what happens to all the monies i have paid? the fast teach upgrade amount? and i wanted to do it in store but they could not do it for some reason so i had to do it over the phone

M: teach* - track

O2 - Harmeet: ok, I just transfer your chat to our upgrades team and they'll help you regarding your money related concern.

O2 - Harmeet: Shall I do it now?

M: no first take my complaint and give me a complaint reference number

O2 - Harmeet: You can make a complaint to complaintsreviewservice@O2.com

M: and want to know why was i given false information just do this basic thing first

O2 - Harmeet: For this, you need to speak to our upgrades team.

M: so i can not make a complaint here?

O2 - Harmeet: They handle all the upgrade related concerns.

O2 - Harmeet: shall I transfer your chat to our upgrades team?

M: ok as you can't do anything much anyways

O2 - Harmeet: I really understand your concern but we've a dedicated ugprades team who handle all upgrade related concerns.

O2 - Harmeet: For upgrades,I'd suggest you to please speak to our upgrades team.

O2 - Harmeet: If you wish to make a complaint, please send an email to complaintsreviewservice@O2.com

M: alright lets see what they can do

O2 - Harmeet: Please wait while I transfer your chat to our upgrades team.

info: We’re putting you through to the right person, won’t be long.

info: You're through to 'Manzar'

Manzar: Hi, I'm Manzar from Re-contract department, how are you doing today?

M: Hi Manzar, i placed the following order over the phone: xx-xxxxxxxxx

M: its a fast track upgrade and was informed the iPhone 5s gold is in stock and will be delivered within a week but now i have been informed that it will take 3 to 6 weeks

M: why was i given false information?

Manzar: I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused to you. 

Manzar: Please allow me a few minutes while I go through your previous conversation and help you accordingly.

M: if waiting time was 3 to 6 weeks i would have placed an order for space grey as that was told to me of having waiting times of 3 to 6 weeks

Manzar: I am sorry for the delay. Please allow me a few minute.

Manzar: I have checked this for you. Ye's it is delayed delivery.

M: so why was i given false information?

M: and i just checked on the o2 online shop the model i have ordered shows in stock?

M: so is that giving false information as well?

Manzar: If you want to make a complaint with us. 

Manzar: Alternatively you can email us directly at: complaintreviewservice@o2.com or fax us on 0870 600 2402.

M: so is online store information wrong as well?

Manzar: I am sorry but online information wrong means?

Manzar: I didn't get.

M: as in it shows in stock and you say its not in stock

Manzar: yes, it's delayed delivery not out of stock.

M: so if you have stock and you still will make me wait 3 to 6 weeks

M: its hilarious did you even run through in your head before typing it

Manzar: I have a suggestion for you, if you don't want to wait for 3-6 weeks. You can cancel this order and place new order with Space Grey or Silver. 

M: but can you clarify on your last comment of delayed but in stock?

M: what do you exactly mean by that?

M: just do this pass me to your manager

M: you have no clue as to what you're saying

Manzar: Please allow me a minute.

M: sure

Manzar: Shall I transfer this chat to my supervisor?

M: yes

Manzar: Please stay connected with me.

info: Hold on. You're being put through to Cameron. 

info: You're through to 'Cameron'

M: hi cameron

M: i would appreciate if you could go through the chat and know what is going on and save me time

Cameron: Hi, I am the floor manager and please wait  while I go through your conversation with him.

Cameron: I just gone through your conversation and I want to apologize for the trouble. The phone might have been in stock at the time of order but became out of stock at the time of dispatch. Don't worry you'll get it within the specified time scale. 

Cameron: If you want you can also cancel the order and place it later on.

M: i was given a time scale of one week?

Cameron: That was for when it was in stock.

M: so then why doe it still show in stock in the online store?

Cameron: That's why I am suggesting to to cancel the current order and contact us within 24 hours to place the order again and you'll get it with one week time.

M: i can't really comprehend that if i already placed an order which was on 22 but that would be delayed but if i place a new on 25th that i will receive in a week

M: i am not sure how O2 works in that case

Cameron: Just for you, I can resend your order details to our dispatch department and they'll send the phone if it's available.

Cameron: Shall I send the order for re-dispatch process?

M: but i still can't understand placing a new order a latter date will get me a phone faster!!!

M: yes but will it charge me again?

Cameron: Don't worry there is no need to place it again.

Cameron: No, no need to pay anything.

Cameron: Please wait.

Cameron: I've now arranged it and the phone will be with you within a weeks time.

M: ok thats great but thats for sure? or again when i ask the status after couple of days i go through the same story

M: and it ends up in weeks or months been just going in circles

Cameron: I've sent the request and the rest will be taken care from the dispatch department.

M: ok thanks for your help

M: bbye

Cameron: You're welcome.

Cameron: Bye and take care.

info: We'll email a copy of your chat transcript to

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have sim only rolling contract with Vodafone for my htc one which gives me same signal strength as O2 (as I guess they share the same network infrastructure now)
So switch O2 to sim only and Vodafone to i5s!
Thank you guys for all your help!
Message 21 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
What ever works for you friend.

Take care
Message 22 of 22