Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Upgraded to iPhone 3G less than a week ago now theres the 3G

Just got back from the O2 Store at Bluewater and they swapped them over (+the cost diff) without asking any questions. I know that I was still on my 14 day money back thingy, but I wasn't sure they'd give in so easily.

Cheers,
(a very happy) Rob.
Anonymous

You were lucky, I returned my 3g within 14 day via the post office as I bought it online. Now my upgrade date is showing as 2011! I couldn't preorder from CPW as they couldn't override the date on their systems.

In the end I had to order my 3GS over the phone.

Delivery won't be till Monday :robotsad:

V dissapointed MJ
Anonymous

When you buy or upgrade online, you are covered by the Distance Selling Regulations that state you have a 14-day cooling off period to change your mind. That's regardless of which network you order, they all have to abide by the law.

However, when you purchase or upgrade in store, Distance Selling does not apply and it's generally in the discretion of the seller whether to accept returns/refunds for change of mind. Some do, some don't. Vodafone doesn't, for example. Judging from the posts in this topic, O2 seems to be a little more lenient on that.
Highlighted
Anonymous

It's actually o2's policy to accept all returns within 14 days, as long as they are returned in good condition with all accessories ,packaging etc.

The distance selling rules only require o2 to allow a 7 day cooling off period but they have increased this to 14 days in line with the policy for store purchases.

It states it clearly on the leaflet included with the iPhone.

Smiley Very Happy