cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded sim only tariff 5 days before billing date, what will my next bill be?

jawjs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been an o2 customer for years now and rather than upgrade I usually just adjust my tariff when I need to. Today I accidentally went through the upgrade route and  now I'm worried my next bill will be doubled?!

Is someone able to help me work out what my new bill due 11/02 will be, based on my old and new tariff prices with the way O2 would charge it?

Old tariff - £19.06 (from 11/01 to 05/02)

New tariff - £17 (from 05/02 to 11/02)

(I also have a Disney+ bolt on that gives me a discount but I've left that off)

The live chat agent said "The old tariff was charged till the upgrade date, and from then on till the bill date, it was the new tariff. This plus the one month's line rental in advance. You've also been credited an amount from the old tariff rates, for the number of days the new tariff was active till the bill date."

I'm just concerned with that wording that I will be charged for two separate tariff bills?! Serves me right for not being more aware when I was doing the upgrade I guess.. 

Thanks in advance slight_smile 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10192 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@jawjs 

Your billing date stays the same, and your tariffs will be pro-rated. so your bill will look a bit of a mess, and as doing it 5 days before your billing date you will be credited or the days you dont use the old tariff... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Looks like you should contact the sales team as they can help with that – message them on Social Media if that works best for you

See links below

Or you can call them from 8am to 8pm on 0808 002 0202 or 0800 081 0255

Customer service can help too on 202

Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10192 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@jawjs 

Your billing date stays the same, and your tariffs will be pro-rated. so your bill will look a bit of a mess, and as doing it 5 days before your billing date you will be credited or the days you dont use the old tariff... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3