Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded my O2 Refresh

GrantJohn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Don't know if anyone can help me upgraded my O2 Refresh Plan on Sat 19th at the O2 store in Sutton just as the lockdown kicked in got the 12 Pro Max got the lady to do a sim swop on a 5g sim card numerous phone calls shows I've paid the upfront cost they know this as it shows there end but nothing has changed over neither the tariff on my app or the sim card itself and there's *beep!* all I can do because the ***** shops are shut don't want them thinking I'm still going to pay the original contract I've paid off and the new one I should already have that hasn't by the looks of it changed over yet????all I get on the app is were sorting your order out once we have we will update ur details and your tariff for you nothing since the 19th!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@GrantJohn 

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 124222 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@GrantJohn 

If your phone is working properly then I wouldn't worry too much about what your MY O2 is displaying as yet. That takes some time to catch up.

An upgrade is usually immediate, however the info in My O2 is slow to update particularly over the Christmas period.

If you have any concerns at all then call O2. All numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

GrantJohn
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Phone is working but I've put the original sim in not the 5g one as that has not sim swopped yet infact I can put any sim in non o2 as the phone has not been locked as such to that contract yet

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@GrantJohn 

O2 don't lock phones so any sim will work in it, always.

You need to call as I advised already to check the new sim card as it may be faulty.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 124222 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@GrantJohn 

The phone wont be locked. O2 have sold unlocked phones since 2018. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6