cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from iphone to samsung, no phone yet but swapped data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys,

I upgraded yesterday to the Samsung S4 from my iPhone 4S. I'm due to pick up my phone on Wednesday. 

The sim is the same, so I was told that the data would be disrupted whilst that was done. Not a problem, but it's been swapped TODAY and I'm still with my iPhone...

Waiting to speak to an advisor online, will be waiting ages if I ring up.

Do I just put up with it until Weds??

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You've rebooted phone etc since changing apn? It may be because its on the changeover and will take some time to kick in. Maybe not until after midnight which is the usual time for data changeovers.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Just change your apn on the iPhone to "mobile.o2.co.uk" and it should work for basic data services.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
just done it & still doesn't work....
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You've rebooted phone etc since changing apn? It may be because its on the changeover and will take some time to kick in. Maybe not until after midnight which is the usual time for data changeovers.....

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
cool thanks slight_smile will restart and then check tomorrow.
Message 5 of 5