cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded Phone Amazon Fire Does Not Detect Sim

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi i received my phone yesterday which is a upgrade from my old one the amazon fire phone. i did the swap sim steps and my old one is now not connected to the network but my new phone will not detect the sim card

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have printed the return label and decided to send it back.It's a shame as i quite liked the phone.

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You need to switch the phone off and on at regular intervals until the sim connects to the network.

Message 2 of 15

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It can take up to 24 hours to fully complete the change over.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

it's not detecting the sim card the phone not just not connecting is that normal?

Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
No, not normal.
Are you sure you have it in correctly? If so, I would take it back to shop to be checked and exchanged if faulty.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Followed the guides and it sadly looks like it may be faulty the sim card. If you take it to a shop should they be able to sort something out or will i have to send it back?

Message 6 of 15

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 7 of 15

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Sorry to hear that you might need to visit a store @Anonymous , but do let us know what you think of the Amazon Fire once you get to grips with it slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I took it to the shop  and the sim was damaged faulty so they did a sim swap which they did say can take 24 hours it's now over that now and it still says no sim slight_frown

Message 9 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I took it to the shop  and the sim was damaged faulty so they did a sim swap which they did say can take 24 hours it's now over that now and it still says no sim slight_frown

Have you rebooted the phone i.e turned it off and back on again?... You may need to do this a couple of times to complete the swap..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 15