Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded Mobile Via Third party seller

Dralion
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been a o2 customer for some 22 years, and mostly purchased my own mobile and gone sim only, this was the case until Sunday when I found a deal I couldn't say no to.

My Deal Galaxy Note 9 (128gig)

100 Gb Data

Unlimited Calls

Umlimited Text 

24 months @ £45 pm, I get £150 back from Samsung and £180 cashback from the website where I purchased the contract from. so all in all a good deal

My Phone arrived yesterday, I contacted 02 and they have ported my existing number over to my new connection. 

Since 6pm, I have signed into my 02 accounts only once ( Since then no joy, despite several passwords resets)

I did notice that my tariff (In actual fact my DATA allowance is wrong) 50 gig and not the 100 gigs I purchased.mobile phones direct.JPG  

Can someone please advise my next steps, 02 customer svs say the tariff is correct which is clearly isn't looking at the paperwork with the new contract

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dralion have you checked your bolt ons as the extra 50GB Maybe added there

Message 2 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Dralion If you have the paperwork, also check with your third party seller to see how your data is apportioned. 100GB is a HUGE amount of data. Do you stream a lot of movies and music?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 8

Dralion12
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My account from what I can see says 50 gig
Message 4 of 8

Dralion12
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah I stream Netflix's Amazon prime and audible as well as spotify's and you tube. I do stream a fair amount about 20 gig a month
With this new allowance I will be therered device is a vast amount of data I agree when you factor in the phone the package and the money I will get back from the offer as well as the money I will get back from selling my s8 and my older phones the actual contract of two yrs will cost me around £22 a month sim only I was paying £21 with my own purchased device.
Message 5 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Dralion12 @Dralion your additional data will show as a bolt on when your MyO2 sorts itself out, which may take 24 to 48 hours https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Where-is-my-discount-or-Extra-Data/bc-p/1075494

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Is your contract with O2 or the company you took the deal through?

If it is with O2 direct then clearly the issue lies with O2 if the contract is with the new company that gave you this good deal then you need to speak to them.

It is indeed a very good deal especially the monthly price inc 100G data and the £330 cash back!

Not wishing to pour cold water, but in my experince if something seems to good to be true it generally is. Maybe what you were promised by the third party company and what they conected you to on O2 could be 2 different things.

I hope his isnt the case but I would be inclined to check

Message 7 of 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Sweet deal, @Dralion!

I hope it pans out as you expect over the 2-year contract. I got a similar deal from Phones4U once some years back, worked as expected but now look at Phones4U... gone at least 2 years!

Message 8 of 8