cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I've be due an upgrade for like well over 5 months but was happy with my monthly amount and always plan to upgrade just wanted to wait my last 3 bills have been late due to being off work kids being ill I'm up to date was about 2 weeks behind each time rang them each time to keep them posted.
Everything's fine now have managed to save £200 for my iPhone 6 64gb which is like £37 a month what I pay now so will the fact I've missed payments effect my chances of upgrading been with O2 for like 8 years never missed one once so not been in this postion
Sorry for the long winded message lol
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

It's quite possible it could affect an upgrade though normally upgrades aren't subject to a credit check. It will depend if these have been marked against your file but really only O2 can answer that.

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
If everything's still normal & your service isn't restricted then I shouldn't see no reason not to
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
No everything's up to date and paid I've been out of contract now for like 5-6months when ever I was behind the updated option was always like greyed out saying I had an outstanding bill but when ever it was paid it said I could upgrade again ill just have to wait and see then going for it next week
Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
No everything's up to date and paid I've been out of contract now for like 5-6months when ever I was behind the updated option was always like greyed out saying I had an outstanding bill but when ever it was paid it said I could upgrade again ill just have to wait and see then going for it next week

Or you could contact customer services to ask them....then you will know for sure wink

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I've rang them up said nothing has been added to my account as in a way that would prevent me from up grading so all good there just one question was gonna go for iPhone 6 64gb want to keep monthly payment under £40 so would have to put £200 down
Just been talkin to someone at vodaphone and there doing 64gb iPhone 6 £39.50 a month and phone for free so why the big difference
Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Not sure why there is such a difference. However Vodaphone do not do the Refresh tariff but if that isn't a deal breaker, I suppose you could shop around.

You just need to make sure that you go to a network that gives you the best coverage. Its no good having a good cheap deal...and then find the the phone is worse than useless as you have a poor signal..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah gf is on vodaphone to be honest her signal has always been far better then mine and yeah I see waft your saying about refresh but i tend to keep my phone for 2 years them days are long gone of me changing half way through having 2 kids does that to you lol
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

It's a no brainer then...no upfront fee, cheaper tariff and better signal Whistle

Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah gf is on vodaphone to be honest her signal has always been far better then mine and yeah I see waft your saying about refresh but i tend to keep my phone for 2 years them days are long gone of me changing half way through having 2 kids does that to you lol

I know that feeling @Anonymous ...:smileywink: So if you have proof Vodaphone works well...and is a cheaper deal etc...we will be sorry to wave you goodbye (and all that jazz)..but... :bye  :bye

Let us know what you decide though....?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10