Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Shaun1504
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve kept up with my bills for 3 months on time evry bill when I sighned up it said I could refresh for a device after 3 months but yet it’s sayin I have to wait 6 could anybody help please
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Shaun1504 

You need to ask customer service to override the 6 months to allow the upgrade Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/sim-only-upgrade-to-refresh-after-3-months-terms-and...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Shaun1504
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I got told I would have to wait the 6
Months as my credit rating but yet ee have offerd me the new iPhone confused as so did vodaphone
Message 3 of 9

Shaun1504
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi this was regarding my upgrade I was told 3 months now 6 months when ee have offerd me the new iPhone 12 I’ve been a customer for 3 months payed over the odds for my sim only never missed a paymeant how could it Ben possible I have to wait 6 months please 

Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Shaun1504 

You'll need to call O2

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:

If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen if you have to.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

Shaun1504
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ll try give them a call now but think I’ll get the same response I might just aceapt the ee
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 seem to be much stricter which is annoying as they use the same credit reference agencies as the other networks.

Message 7 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Shaun1504

this is also a business decision BT (ee) obviously believe you are less of a risk than o2 .

You will find some people on o2 who are declined by EE and vice versa... It isnt all based on your credit score, the same happens with all mobile networks

Also be careful applying for multiple mobile phone accounts, this may affect your ability to get credit.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 9

Shaun1504
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you and it was just I needed a new phone as mine currently broke so there’s no point havin a sim only without a phone lol
Message 9 of 9