Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Tayler
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I received my new upgrade phone yesterday with a new sim, I done the sim swap but the new sim has changed the new number to my old one and I didn’t want the old number anymore. How can I receive a new contact number
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Tayler 

That's what a SIM swap does. 

You'll need to call customer service now Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Tayler
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well I was advised to do this by O2 when I done the upgrade. When informing them I wanted a new number.

Can anybody tell me how I go about changing my phone number
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

You need to call O2 then choose any of the options, fraud etc
Everything is taking longer due to the lockdown. Call centres and social distancing means limited staff to handle all the queries. Patience needed I'm afraid.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
Other numbers to try
0800 977 7337
0800 587 4005
0800 0901808

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Tayler 

As I said, you'll need to call..

Try any number and say anything to get through Guide: How do I know my Community reward has been applied? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5