Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Marjrie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an iPhone 6 and have been eligible for an upgrade for ages. I think the time has come, I like the look of the XR but don't understand why an upgrade with 02 which is for 36 months is about £10 a month more than with phones direct? For 24 months. 

I have  only ever had my phones from 02, for years and years, starting with my old Nokia 100. 

Does this count for nothing? If I move to phones direct it's still on O2, will I be able to keep my number? 

Thanks for any help. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Marjrie 

Call 202 and choose the option of I'm Thinking of Leaving. 
You may get a deal. 
If you do go elsewhere it is a simple swap to keep your number but don't cancel your old contract until you switch your number, or you may lose it. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Marjrie 

Call 202 and choose the option of I'm Thinking of Leaving. 
You may get a deal. 
If you do go elsewhere it is a simple swap to keep your number but don't cancel your old contract until you switch your number, or you may lose it. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Marjrie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you, I'll give it a try
Message 3 of 3