cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.So if i pay my device plan and i upgrade whats gonna happen next ? I will have to pay for the new phone or just the airtime bill?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
6 REPLIES 6

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
You can clear the device plan off at anytime without additional fees. After your device plan is paid, you can upgrade or give 30 days notice to cancel the airtime plan. If you upgrade, the only additional fee would be that for the new handset, if applicable.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Yes you will be paying for the new phone (referring to your question) You will, in effect, be starting a new contact....As said.... all info shown in @Anonymous's great guide on how Refresh works...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Just to be clear. When you pay off your phone early and upgrade, you are starting a brand new contract and the price you pay will be the full price of a new device + a new airtime plan.
You can also, choose to buy a device elsewhere and just continue with your airtime plan at a reduced rate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much guys
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for all your contributions, glad to see they have helped @Anonymous
Message 7 of 7