cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
im due an upgrade today and was thinking off an iPhone. If I do home delivery is it easy to set up? Other phones on offer seem a lot more per month than what I'm currently paying!
Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and welcome to the Community.

Given the close proximity to Christmas and the fact delivery companies across the country are struggling, my advice would be to go to your local o2 store (or if you are not worried about having a refresh contract Carphone Warehouse) as:

1. You will be able to walk out with your new phone (remember to take i.d.)
2. They will help you set it up too.

Which iPhone are you thinking of? Are you on iPhone now?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and welcome to the Community.

Given the close proximity to Christmas and the fact delivery companies across the country are struggling, my advice would be to go to your local o2 store (or if you are not worried about having a refresh contract Carphone Warehouse) as:

1. You will be able to walk out with your new phone (remember to take i.d.)
2. They will help you set it up too.

Which iPhone are you thinking of? Are you on iPhone now?

Message 2 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I definitely wouldn't be ordering online.
Go in store as suggested as it will save you no end of trouble.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a Samsung s3 mini at the moment which is great.

It does give me options for a few other samsungs, the price just puts me off a little.

I will go into town tomorrow, I did not think off taking longer due to xmas - thanks for the advice
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are very welcome.

Personally I am an android fan @Anonymous and wouldn't choose an iPhone. It is a very different proposition to android.

There are some good deals currently on the Samsung S4, S5 and Galaxy Alpha all of which boast screen size circa 5 inch.

These would be a little larger than the S3 you have now. All decent phones.

Alternately you could look at giffgaff (owned by o2 and uses o2 network) as they tend to be cheaper and you do get an unlocked device.

Note if you do decide to go iPhone that it will be locked to o2. If you buy from Carphone it will be unlocked but it will lock to the first sim you put in so make sure you put the right sim in first time.

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apple Stores offer 24 month standard O2 contracts if you have one local.
Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
As you already have an Android phone you may find it easier to stick with another Android device as all your back ups etc will be compatible.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 17

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now @jonsie we know the Note 4 is by far and away the best in the market and I plan to get the Edge in the New Year 😆😆
Message 9 of 17

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Now @jonsie we know the Note 4 is by far and away the best in the market and I plan to get the Edge in the New Year 😆😆

Maybe I'll upgrade LOL

Message 10 of 17