cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I signed into my account, it says I'm ready for an upgrade. Yet, in another section of the site, it tells me I can't upgrade til much further down the line. I'm on a sim only contract, and I'm being told two separate things, which one's right? And does the upgrade mean I can go for a new handset?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

There were reports of 30 day simplicty being unable to upgrade online and had to go in store on 12 month simplicity it was 6 months early but is now 3 months early (after 9 months) but again this may have the same issue with online (unless they have fixed it)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

An upgrade does typically mean a new handset yes.

As your getting conflicting info I would suggest that you ring o2 Customer Services on 202 from your mobile.

They will advise you on your available choices.

Before you ring them think about how much your prepared to pay on a tariff , what Data allowance , minutes and texts you would like, if you want to change them ,and what handset you would want , with a 2nd choice lined up.

Hope all goes ok.
Message 2 of 5

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
If you're on a 30 day rolling SIM only tariff you should be able to upgrade into a standard contract with handset at anytime.

If you're on a 12 month SIM only tariff then you either have to wait for the 12 months to pass or pay to upgrade.
Message 3 of 5

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

There were reports of 30 day simplicty being unable to upgrade online and had to go in store on 12 month simplicity it was 6 months early but is now 3 months early (after 9 months) but again this may have the same issue with online (unless they have fixed it)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot guys, just wanted an idea of what it all meant, before I probably eventually call them;) Gonna have a look, see if it's worthwhile doing right this second or if I'm better to wait. I'm great with the technical side of things, but was quite lost with this. Thanks;)
Message 5 of 5