Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Nick50w
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So you want to keep my business and suggest an upgrade, yet I can find a better deal for O2 via “affordable mobiles” which offers a brand new no upfront cost iPhone 12 Pro (5G) with unlimited data, unlimited minutes and unlimited texts on a 24 month contract for £65. Can O2 explain?
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Nick50w This is a customer community. If you want to discuss this with customer service the numbers are here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

You can say you're thinking of leaving and see what they offer, but you'll probably find that they can't. Third party sites can offer better deals because they don't have the overheads.

If you're happy with signing a 24 month contract, then that's the way you should go. You won't have the advantage of a Refresh contract, but being able to upgrade early doesn't matter to some.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Nick50w This is a customer community. If you want to discuss this with customer service the numbers are here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

You can say you're thinking of leaving and see what they offer, but you'll probably find that they can't. Third party sites can offer better deals because they don't have the overheads.

If you're happy with signing a 24 month contract, then that's the way you should go. You won't have the advantage of a Refresh contract, but being able to upgrade early doesn't matter to some.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
3rd party sellers can offer contracts at a lower cost as they get a commission for introducing new customers.
They discount the contract using part of this to make it more attractive, hence why it is lower.
They also don't have the same overheads as o2 (no network infrastructure to pay for).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 3