Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Gordon1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I applied for an additional line yesterday, received the order confirmation and everything via email, and received a text message from a company called MPD saying "Order Update: Pending - Connection: Your order has been picked and passed to DPD for delivery. Please review the email we've sent you."
Although I haven't received any emails, does this mean I've got it? (There was a parcel reference number but I've removed it for privacy protection)
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Gordon1 

It does appear you have been accepted. I would call O2 to check All numbers in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 20

Gordon1
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just tried calling but can't get through, I have guessed MPD is Mobile Phones Direct, does O2 work with them to dispatch handsets? I don't have any order info in my O2, DPD tracking info etc so there's no way of seeing the status
Message 3 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Gordon1 

Give MPD a call https://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/help/contact 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 20

MI5
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Gordon1 

How did you apply for the additional line?

The only way you would receive an email from MPD is if you ordered from them.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 20

Gordon1
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I applied for it on the O2 shop online, I've spoken with MPD and they did say they worked with O2 so the only thing I can think of is that O2 never had the phone in stock so they've sent it through them
Message 6 of 20

MI5
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Quite bizarre.
Must be a new "arrangement" they've set up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 20

Gordon1
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I thought that I've never heard of it, just a bit weird how there isn't an additional number or any order on my o2
Message 8 of 20

O2Sophie
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions
Do you mean did you get successfully get the second line? If looks like it, but best way to know that for sure is to check your myo2 account. your second line should be showing by now. If you download the DPD app, you will be able to track the delivery, and also chat with them.
signature
Message 9 of 20

O2Sophie
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions
Just looked up MPD - it's Mobile Phones Direct. so it will not show up on your myo2. If this is not what you wanted you need to get in touch with MPD direct.
signature
Message 10 of 20