Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Evaa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I joined o2 by getting a sim only contract (because the deposit for phone was expensive) and the person told me that after 3 payments I’ll be able to upgrade to any phone I want .. then after 2 payments I realised that on my o2 app it says i can only upgrade in 5 months ! (Now down to 3 as it’s been ages) O2 operators aren’t available unless an emergency so I won’t be able to speak to anyone directly. Has any one been in this sort of situation and know if I’ll be able to upgrade before time ?? My current phone is coming to an end so I’m kind of desperate... tia
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Evaa 

As I understand it, you can upgrade to a Refresh contract after 3 months.

You can do this via My O2 normally.

If you have any issues then you do need to speak to O2. (they are answering queries about upgrades)

Numerous numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Evaa 

As I understand it, you can upgrade to a Refresh contract after 3 months.

You can do this via My O2 normally.

If you have any issues then you do need to speak to O2. (they are answering queries about upgrades)

Numerous numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Evaa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was told I’ll be able to upgrade to a phone and when I press on the bit that says : you can upgrade today , it takes me to o2 website and then says that I can only upgrade in 3months and 26days although I had the sim for over 3months now 😞 and thank you for letting me know , I will try to contact the o2 and make a query tomorrow
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/sim-only-upgrade-to-refresh-after-3-months-terms-and...

SIM Only Upgrade to Refresh After 3 Months terms and conditions

SIM Only Upgrade to Refresh after 3 months (the "Offer") is available to Eligible Customers only.

You're an 'Eligible Customer' if:

1. you're an existing consumer Pay Monthly customer on a Sim Only tariff  who signed or resigned your current tariff more than three months ago but no longer than 12 months ago;
  2. you wish to take an O2 Refresh tariff (consisting of a Device Plan' and an 'Airtime Plan') from us (see full terms at O2 Refresh - Device Plan and terms and conditions); and
  3. You are eligible for O2 Refresh (subject to credit status, eligibility and Refresh terms).
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Evaa 

Nearly always this situation is because the system default is 6 months.

The only way to change is to ask customer service to over ride the system to allow you to upgrade.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5