Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Kai1983
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Was talked into a sim only contract and left Vodafone in December 2019. Was GUARANTEED over the phone I would be able to upgrade after 3 months (not 6) I had 6 months left with Vodafone.
In feb I rang to upgrade to a PHONE contract with no credit check that I was GUARANTEED! And was told I had to wait a further 3 months as in fact it is not THREE MONTHS!!
That same day I was put on a different tarif without me even knowing so I called and changed back to original one! Because of that it reset my upgrade dates so that then made it I had to wait a further 6 MONTHS.
Total scam!!! Talked into contracts and promising things that they cannot do to get you into a contract. Will be writing to the CEO and trading standards.
Wish I stayed with Vodafone in 4 years I never had an issue and I would be upgrading next month!!! I’m furious
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144141 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Kai1983 

It is 3 months if you meet the criteria.

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/sim-only-upgrade-to-refresh-after-3-months-terms-and...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Kai1983
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was told it is guaranteed 3 months when I was called by o2. Now because if there ness up I have to wait a further 4 months
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144141 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Kai1983 

You must do battle with customer service when you can get through.

You are within your rights for an upgrade now.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Kai1983
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have tried yesterday. They are saying it is not possible they do not have the power to override the system. And because the mess up in February it restarted my contract dates so I now have to wait a further 4 months I’m fuming
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144141 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Kai1983 

I would https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6