Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade when your still in contract

Upgrade1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Question...... I have 4 lines on my account, off my lines none are eligible for upgrade but I urgently need a new phone as mine is knackered. I can not afford to pay off my device plan but have one line due up in 11 months. Is there anyway o2 would bring forward my upgrade date so I could upgrade for free?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Upgrade1 Usually you would have to pay off your device plan first in order to upgrade but it's always worth a call to customer services on 202 to see if they will do anything for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Upgrade1 Usually you would have to pay off your device plan first in order to upgrade but it's always worth a call to customer services on 202 to see if they will do anything for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Upgrade1 , sorry to hear about your current phone. 😞 Let us know if you managed to contact customer service ok in the end and if there's any additional advice that the community could help with. 

Message 3 of 4

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Depending on the nature of how the phone is knackered you may have consumer rights above and beyond any warranty provided though they would have to be taken up with the retailer you purchased the handset from which may or may not be O2

Failing that you could try for a 5th line if you weren’t in a position to upgrade putting that line on as low an airtime plan as possible and using your existing sim with the device until the contract expired but that could prove to be a costly approach depending on what handset you wanted

Message 4 of 4