Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade unlocked

Ste
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I’m thinking of upgrading had an iPhone 7 for like 4 years now and have been put off upgrading because of the high prices.
So I’m thinking iPhone 11 but I currently have a good deal with virgin on a sim only deal which is unlimited everything so would I be able to upgrade to an 11 and then use my virgin sim or are phones locked to the network they were purchased off
Thanks ste.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Ste 

O2 do not lock their phones anymore but your upgrade would come with an O2 tariff which you'll have to pay for unless you buy the phone outright.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Ste 

O2 do not lock their phones anymore but your upgrade would come with an O2 tariff which you'll have to pay for unless you buy the phone outright.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Ste
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah well was gonna pick the cheapest tariff like 1gb it still works out cheaper then o2 unlimited tariff if that makes sense thanks for the reply.
Was thinking of texting 02 to see if company is on that o2 discount do they still do that
Message 3 of 5

Ste
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry last question does the phone lock to virgin if I use that sim or does it stay unlocked as well
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Ste 

An unlocked phone will always be unlocked, regardless of what sim is used so it's OK to swap between your Virgin and O2 sim cards.

Details of O2 discount schemes here Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5