cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to sim only

Anonymous
Not applicable
My contract is due up and I'm looking to go to sim only contract. When I was ordering online it was coming up it was going to send me out a new sim, does that mean my number will change? Also how do I find out my usage so I get the right tariff?
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You don't need to change sim if you are keeping your phone, the contract will just change. You only need to use the sim if changing phone and the sim size is different.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You don't need to change sim if you are keeping your phone, the contract will just change. You only need to use the sim if changing phone and the sim size is different.

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

No your number won't change.

Just carry on using your current SIM card.

The changes happen in your account.

They send out a sim now as there all nano sized SIM cards with adapters incase you change phones which take a different sized sim and the new ones are 4G versions.
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for ur reply I thought that, it was jst when I was submitting the change to sim free it was coming up delivery for sim!
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries.

Best to check.
Message 5 of 12

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you do need to use a new sim, for any reason, you can use this form to keep your original number
http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It may be an idea to check if your existing sim card is a 4G enabled. It would be an issue if your phone and tariff are 4G.

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same concern recently, and the above has answered most of my queries except one!

I am currently on simplicity 30 day contract and wish to change to a new simplicity 30 day contract, but at what point would my contract change? At the end of the current 30 day period, instantly and I get charged for the current 30 day period and the new 30 day period or instantly and I get charged a pro rata amount for the current 30 day period and in full for the new 30 day period?

Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions