cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to 'sim only' with problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
upgraded to sim only tarrif. Phone is 3G only and the tariff advertised as '4G' ready. 02 said it would work but I now have no internet i.e 3G not working.

Turned phone off and on few times after receiving texts conf all applied but no joy.

Also have 3 hrs of calling and holding I couldn't get any help from calling.

Really shoddy support with upgrades. Badly communicated instructions.

Anyone know if it can work what I need to change in settings?

Thanks in advance for any tips.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your update.

Good to hear the problem is resolved and you can now start to enjoy your phone and Network Service. 😀
Message 11 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi MI5 you were right. I finally got through to customer services and despite my records and confirming I was iphone they had added the incorrect android bolt on. All now updated.

Thanks for everyone's support and if anyone else stumbles across this post my tip is to call 02 and select not the upgrade team but the 'I have a technical problem with phone team' - it will saves you hours and days of time if they are busy with calls.

A very good tip @Anonymous Really glad this is sorted wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144315 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi MI5 you were right. I finally got through to customer services and despite my records and confirming I was iphone they had added the incorrect android bolt on.

Happy to help slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 13