Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

FDW
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Upgrade to a new phone at end of contract and keep original phone on cheapest contract

Hi folks,

I wonder if I can change my iPhone 6+ for an iPhone 7+ when my contract ends in Feb. 2019. I would like to keep the iPhone 6+ also and have it on the cheapest tarrif if possible.

Is this possible please?

Topics: 663

Re: Upgrade to a new phone at end of contract and keep original phone on cheapest contract

[ Edited ]

Hi @FDW

Once you have paid off your device plan the phone is yours to do what you want with it

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093

You could then use the iPhone 6 on a sim only plan as it's paid for

OR you could keep the current part of your airtime going and use that with the iPhone 6

*The Game Is On*

FDW

Re: Upgrade to a new phone at end of contract and keep original phone on cheapest contract

Thank you very much, just what I needed to know.

Community Manager

Hi @FDW, good to hear you've got all the info you need now  smile In case you have any additional questions regarding this process or anything else, let us know!

Community highlights:
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets avaialble on Prioirty!
Instant Winners is back! - Enter the weekly prize draw every Friday!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

FDW

Thank you Emilie,

I will go to an o2 shop tomorrow, though the contract is not finished till February and see what can be done to change for Christmas. The 6+ I have is used by my wife and I want to get her an iPhoneX then I can have the 6+ to replace my 5S Lol.