Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Like New - disgusting service

Becky1305
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I visited o2 as my phone wasn’t working properly and it was sold to me as a 12 month warranty. Purchased 12 months prior. Advised March was out of warranty. I then contacted for an early upgrade as there was a cost to fix my phone. I was advised the phone I wanted was out of stock so chose an alternative. Next day delivery was promised. 90 minutes later I was advised they no longer had stock. Contacted the day after and was advised I would get the phone and it was showing delivery that day. I called later that day, out of stock. Same every day until Tuesday. They advised me they had stock and they were sending me the phone next day. 90 minutes later, out of stock. I called back again and explained again and stated I still hadnt had any callback from a manager with regards to my complaint. Manager found another phone and said she could send that for the same price as it was a better model but would have to cancel this order but takes 24 hours maximum so should have the phone by Thursday - 8days later. Called me today and there is now an error preventing cancellation. This could take 5 working days, then would have to order a new phone so that’s at least 1-2 days on top of that. Chances are that won’t be in stock by the time I get to finally order so I’m back to square one albeit more stressed. I explained I could have cancelled with o2 and gone to another store and got a phone by now for the same price. I advised if not sorted tomorrow I will cancel - to be honest she seemed to try until the end where she advised after I asked who will check tomorrow that nobody would as they aren’t in!!! I’ve had to call daily until today and still not had any complaints resolution team to call back and they assumed that they were resolving so wouldn’t need to escalate. Escalated today and that’s up to 5 working days. Disgusting service after I’ve been with the company 18 years. Failed promises, mid-information and shoddy processes on top of bad customer service. Someone needs to look at what is happening as there seems to be a common thread on here of failure when upgrading to like new devices. Appalling! Rant unfortunately not over!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Becky1305If I were you I would persevere with complaints https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Use Resolver in the link.. it gets good results RESOLVER

Other than that Google the address of O2 CEO...and drop them a line via email

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I hope you raised the complaint via the resolver option here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 8

Becky1305
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No unfortunately I didn’t. However tomorrow if it’s still not resolved I will email the CEO and explain why I am cancelling 2 contracts alongside what seems to be to me, a poor service regardless of how long I’ve been with them. I know things don’t always go to plan, I understand that but when promises are made or a standard level of service isn’t delivered, something somewhere needs to improve. I’m still so angry and I ended the call over an hour ago. Funnily enough, whilst writing this o2 have just sent me a text about how as a customer I can get access to priority deals. Just good service would be a start.....
Message 4 of 8

Becky1305
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So raised via CEO and was advised this was a national issue. Offered 30 pounds compensation and would try to speed the issue along. Still had nothing to update me on the situation. I did get a deadlock letter saying that’s all they will do. I called today for an update to be informed they can’t tell me anything as I had made a complaint! That team closes at 5pm until Monday. Final straw - so I’ve raised it with the financial ombudsman. I’ve never been so stressed over a company who I pay a lot of money to each month. Tried to go to another company today but can’t as it’s showing I’m in the middle of upgrading with o2. So still no working phone. O2 has literally taken hours out of my busy life and nothing to show apart from more failed promises. Still disgusted and still ranting!!!

Thanks for the CEO suggestion slight_smile
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

An appalling state of affairs when a computer system can't be overridden to simply cancel an order, not withstanding the ridiculous messing about not knowing if a phone is in stock or not. If any one instance highlights the urgency for a live stock system then this is it. Good luck with the Ombudsman.Crazy

Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Becky1305 wrote:
So raised via CEO and was advised this was a national issue. Offered 30 pounds compensation and would try to speed the issue along. Still had nothing to update me on the situation. I did get a deadlock letter saying that’s all they will do. I called today for an update to be informed they can’t tell me anything as I had made a complaint! That team closes at 5pm until Monday. Final straw - so I’ve raised it with the financial ombudsman. I’ve never been so stressed over a company who I pay a lot of money to each month. Tried to go to another company today but can’t as it’s showing I’m in the middle of upgrading with o2. So still no working phone. O2 has literally taken hours out of my busy life and nothing to show apart from more failed promises. Still disgusted and still ranting!!!

Thanks for the CEO suggestion slight_smile

No problem @Becky1305 I honestly thought it would get better results.  Best of luck with the ombudsman. This is more than pathetic. Not impressed you were told it was a 'national issue' slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Becky1305
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just an update. The 5working days has now also passed and I’ve been told there is now now time scale I just have to wait. They promised me daily updates form the complaints team. Not had anything today but sick of chasing and apparently can’t take it higher. They won’t explain the issue as it’s sensotive but they can’t call IT as they have no phone number just an email and are awaiting a response. I could scream!!!!!! I officially hate O2
Message 8 of 8