Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Upgrade to Iphone - No better deal than a new customer

I have been due an upgrade since the 26th of November, but was unhappy with the deals and phones that O2 were offering. I have waited untill now, and had resigned myself to the fact that the only option for me was to get the IPhone 3GS. Looking at the upgrade section of the O2 website, those who are already customers with O2 get exactly the same deal as new customers. Surely they could do a little better than £35 a month, 300mins, unlimited texts, data and wi-fi and a phone which will set me back £149! I have been with O2 for over 3years, and my husband has been with them longer than that. Our daughter also has an O2 PAYG phone. I'm seriously contemplating requesting my PAC code, and getting a paying outright for a handset and getting the simplicity sim deal to go in it, as this appears to be the cheaper option. x
Highlighted
Anonymous

Im just eally not sure which way o go about it. The only option I can see is asking for my PAC code and shifting to a sim only plan, to get the best deal. Any tips or advice out there from any1? x
Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,850
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

if you want sim only just ring up no pac required if out of contract they will just change the tariff.

You could go to the simplicity tariff that suits you and see what happens with new handsets and then updrade to a new handset and contract then.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

I was just thinking if I asked for a PAC code, if any1 on here knew, or had any ideas as to whether O2 would then try and offer a better deal to keep me on the contract?
Highlighted
Anonymous

I was just thinking if I asked for a PAC code, if any1 on here knew, or had any ideas as to whether O2 would then try and offer a better deal to keep me on the contract?

Why not call O2 and speak to Retentions to see what they can do
Highlighted
Anonymous

I was thinking of calling retentions, but didn't want to say I was going to leave, and then them not be able to offer me a better deal anyway and having to leave. lol. I suppose you could say Im just a bit of a wuss. Want to make them think Im leaving to see what they can do, but don't want to actually have to leave quite yet. x
Highlighted
Anonymous

I was thinking of calling retentions, but didn't want to say I was going to leave, and then them not be able to offer me a better deal anyway and having to leave. lol. I suppose you could say Im just a bit of a wuss. Want to make them think Im leaving to see what they can do, but don't want to actually have to leave quite yet. x

Just because you "threaten" to leave doesnt mean you have to if you dont get offered what you want. Just say you will have a think about it if the offer is not good enough.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanx g0lfk1ng. That's put my mind at ease. Just got to figure out what to say to them now. Smiley Happy x
Highlighted
Anonymous

Why an Iphone?... have you looked at the HD2?, I can't put mine down..had it 4 days now and it's barely left my hand..
Highlighted
Anonymous

I've heard that the HD2 is useless. Originally wanted the Hero, then decided to wait for the Legend, but decided I can't wait until April for it. I've now been told that I can have the £35 a month, 18mnth contract, with the phone for £89 and 300mins, unlimited texts and data etc x