cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to 30 day contract.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had an unlocked iPhone 4s for a couple of years now and for the most part have had a P&G sim however I was then called by O2 and offered a contract that I was unaware was twelve months. Anyway my phone is failing and I was looking to upgrade my handset but there is no offer on my upgrade options for that presumably because I didn't get the phone from O2. I want to get an iPhone 6 on contract with O2 but there is still quite a while on my contract and I don't want to pay the cancellation fee. However I can upgrade to a 30 day contract so if I do and then not renew it does that mean all previous ties with O2 are cut and I am free to get a new phone?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27618 Solutions
Yes it would but you still should be able to go to a full upgrade with phone now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

I'm sorry but your post is a little confusing. If you are on a 12 month contract you can't 'upgrade' to a 30 day contract.

Call customer service to see if you are eligible to upgrade to a new phone.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes sorry I probably should have proof read it. I'm currently on month 6 of a 12 month contract. I want to cancel my contract so I can get another contract with a new phone. If I were to cancel it now I would have to pay a cancelation fee. However I do have the option to upgrade to a 30 day contract. If I do that, do I just have to pay for the 1 month and then all my contractual obligation are over and I won't have to pay anything else?

Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Presuming you are on a sim only contract you should be able to upgrade now if you are 6 months in. What exactly does it say in My O2 under upgrade options?

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can upgrade to either another 12 month contract or a 30 day contract they both have multiple different price options.

Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

I'm 3 months into a 12 month sim only contract and I have the option to upgrade now.

upgrade.JPG

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

So just to clarify if I upgrade to this 30 day contract my current 12 month contract will become void?

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27618 Solutions
Yes it would but you still should be able to go to a full upgrade with phone now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8