cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade tariffs

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am looking to upgrade my phone and have seen an offer with o2 but through Carphone Warehouse, is this possible to do?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If you are eligible for an upgrade you can do it through carphone warehouse, but you won't get refresh or any o2 discounts that you might be entitled to.
If it's cheaper for you to it, go for it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If you are eligible for an upgrade you can do it through carphone warehouse, but you won't get refresh or any o2 discounts that you might be entitled to.
If it's cheaper for you to it, go for it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply! So would I need to cancel my current contract with o2 and then take out a new one with Carphone Warehouse?
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Not to do a straight upgrade, no.
You would only cancel and take a new one if the new contract price was cheaper than the upgrade price, but you would need to get the new contract first in order to keep your number so you would have 2 contracts running for the first month.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4