Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade tariff/data

BigAuntiemeg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi. I don't have home WiFi yet, so I'm relying on hotspotting for everything. My data has been eaten by my daughter watching Netflix (we don't have a garden!). I have a 60G extra data as a free bundle on my account that I got when I signed up. Would this be removed if I upgraded my tariff? I don't want to add more data, only to lose the free 60G.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@BigAuntiemeg 

When you UPGRADE your tariff, you change to the one you have upgraded to. The previous one is discarded.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@BigAuntiemeg O2's entire system isn't working to speed at the moment. If something went wrong while you were trying to upgrade, there's no one to fix it, and no one to call, unless you're prepared to wait for hours on hold, and there's not even a guarantee you'd even get through then. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I wouldn't be messing with anything right now, if I were you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

BigAuntiemeg
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes. Thank you for your reply. I understand the term upgrade. My tarrif is 30G with a free 60G promotional bundle. I want to upgrade the 30G, but will that mean that my promotional free 60G will be lost as it's technically a new tarrif?
Message 4 of 6

BigAuntiemeg
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Bambino. I'm getting quite worried about having to put another 12g on as it's going to keep costing me more than I can afford. The upgrade is about another £3
Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@BigAuntiemeg As @Cleoriff explained, yes. Don't do anything right now, would be my advice. There's too many things that can go wrong, and no one to rectify any error if it does.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6