Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade queries

Upgrade6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am due an upgrade, what is data rollover? Why has O2 suggested I have a new tarrif with more data when I don't use up my current allowance? If I upgrade online from previous experience O2 shops don't want to know if there is a problem, is this still the case?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Upgrade6 

Data roll over is when any unused data from this month carries over to next month.

Only on certain tariffs with O2.

They always encourage you to buy more data as it's more profitable to O2 wink

Shops or customer service should help you equally, although some franchise stores can be less interested if not bought from them unfortunately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Upgrade6 

Data roll over is when any unused data from this month carries over to next month.

Only on certain tariffs with O2.

They always encourage you to buy more data as it's more profitable to O2 wink

Shops or customer service should help you equally, although some franchise stores can be less interested if not bought from them unfortunately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Upgrade6
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your quick reponse. I guessed what data rollover was but do these companies who say they will do it actually do it, am rather suspicious? Also guessed they want me to spend more for their benefit even though I never get near my limit, do they think we don't realise that their suggetion is what's best for them not the poor downtrodden customer? I will do more research before I mke a decision, pity they parted company wih Carphone Warehouse.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Upgrade6 

I don't have a contract with data rollover so I can't say if they will honour it, but if advertised as such, legally they have to.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Upgrade6
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, think all this is academic now as every handset I look at is out of stock lol.

Message 5 of 5