Did you mean: 

Upgrade phone not received

Paulns18
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Good evening

Just wanted some advice if anyone can help?

I upgraded a week ago and opted for click and collect to my local O2 shop.

I tracked my parcel and it was delivered to the shop the next day with proof of signature.

After not hearing anything about collection i phoned the shop and they told me it wasnt on their system so it had been returned more than likely.

I phoned O2 and they did some investigation and confirmed it had been delivered to the shop but the shop didnt know where it was because it wasnt booked in.

Just wondered what sort of options i have can i ask for a new phone to be sent out or do i just have to wait until they find out where the original phone is.

And worse case scenario i have foureteen days to cancel my contract is that from when i placed the order or from when i receive the upgrade phone because at the minute who knows when that will be

Many thanks

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulns18
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi yet
Yes all sorted now eventually managed to get the device taken off my account and today managed to get a PAC code so I can change from O2.
Many thanks for all your help

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143421 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Paulns18 

14 days is from when you receive the phone but I would be calling customer service and politely demanding that another phone is sent to your store for collection.

@EmilieT poor customer service needs reporting too?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

MI5
  • 143421 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@EmilieT tag didn't work above.    

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 15

Paulns18
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you for your quick reply.

I was told by customer services to phone the shop tomorrow to see if they have found it because the person that signed for it at the shop wasnt in until tomorrow.

Ill get the next one sent to my home address.

Many thanks once again. 

Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 143421 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Best of luck and let us know how it goes for you.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 15

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Paulns18, and welcome to the community Wave

I was wondering if you'd made any progress with your phone since you last posted? Please do let us know if you need some more help!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 15

Paulns18
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
No no joy as yet.
Customer service says as the phone was delivered to the shop it is down to the shop to sort it out.
So waiting for the shop to get in contact if I haven't heard from them by Wednesday I'll give them a call.
Then back to customer services to see what their solution is.
Message 7 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Paulns18 

I would ring the shop yourself today. Don't wait for them to ring you. Yes they should call but after BH they will be busy and it may get overlooked.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 15

Paulns18
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks I will do.
They told me that the staff that were normally on had been on holiday and wouldn't be back until today so I'll ring them this afternoon.
Thank you everybody for your help it's just a bit frustrating because I've phoned the shop three times, customer service four times and also had a live chat and still no further forward
Message 9 of 15

Paulns18
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi again
Just an update phoned the shop and they said they definitely didn't know where the phone was and to phone customer services to cancel the order and then come into the shop and do the upgrade in-store.
They said in the shop that I would need to wait for it to come off of my account before I could do the upgrade.
So I phoned customer services and after being on hold for about 10 mins was told it had been canceled and that it would show on my account as canceled within 24 hours.
So 36 hrs later it was still showing on my account so I phoned customer services again and after being on hold for about 15 mins this time I was told that they could cancel the phone but would need to speak to the shop to confirm that I hadn't picked the phone up.
Customer services will phone me tomorrow when they have spoken to the shop.
Can't wait till tomorrow to see the next installment.
Once again thank you for your help.
Message 10 of 15