cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade order not received

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone

Please take some time to read this and advise me if you have had a similar experience, thanking you in advance.

I ordered a phone (upgrade) online to replace my lost phone.Through O2s online chat, it was a good deal which was price matched. I was provided a link to click and confirm etc.. and the upgrade was confirmed. A few days later I phone customer services enquiring about the whereabouts of my phone (I could not check email etc.. because I was away from home) I was told the phone was delivered and signed for, I disputed this could not be possible as I was not at home. Advisor said he would investigate and get back to me. Their findings were having spoken to the driver that the phone was delivered and it was signed for. 

Senior complaints escalation manager took over and repeated the same information and gave me different case scenarios and categorically said:

"o2 will not be issuing another handset becuase someone has signed for this phone and its a civil matter and I would need to contact the police"

I just thought about this logically what could the police do in this case? so I have tried to obtain the signiture that was used for this apparent delivery by contacting UKmail. UKmail online cannot provide this, and asked me to contact the provider (o2) to get this for me. I contact o2 and they pass the buck back to UKmail. I am still waiting to recieve evidence of this signiture. I have written to o2 head office about this situation and am waiting for their response.

So I request to you all, is there anything else I should do or obtain etc... customer service 202 seem baffeled on what to do and just say that a supervisor will contact me, still waiting.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

K

Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It is O2's responsibility to investigate, Period.
The contract for delivery is between O2 and UK Mail so there is nothing you can do but keep badgering O2 for some kind of result.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 62

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

This should be down to O2 and the courier to sort out. They should be able to supply you with proof of delivery address and signature. This has cropped up before on the community, I'll try and find the link.

Message 3 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would still put this in writing here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

What an awful situation. 😞

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 4 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
That is terrible and totally down to O2 to sort out with uk mail sounds like something dodgy has gone on in transit really hope you get it sorted soon
Message 5 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

With it being an upgrade, presumably you haven't changed your address since you took out your original contract?

Message 6 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply people.

I have made complaint in writing to HO, and shall wait and see what happens. It sounds something dodgy has gone on indeed, but I am no provate investigator. A Colleague at work had a kinda similar experience he got a bill come trough his letter box in his name for an O2 contract. When he enquired this to o2 they said someone signed for it in his address with his name. Strange thing is his family werre not even home, my colleague was aborad in India getting married and took his family with him. Eventually after much badgering he did het it resolved!

I shall let you all know what happens in my case!

Thanks again

Message 7 of 62

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi KyleB I have move address, however the address on the system was completely wrong and I changed this via My O2. Apparently it can take upto 72 hours to take effect. A custome advisor did speak to the driver and the driver confirmed the phone was delivered to the correct address.
Message 9 of 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Golden Child, please forward me the link if you find it, thanks in advance!
K
Message 10 of 62