Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade on us!!

boban
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi quick question. Does anyone know why I can’t get my free upgrade/refresh online anymore. This is what I did last year now I’m being told you can only go in store to do this now. Seems odd!! Wanted to pre order the new iPhone which is exactly what did last year. Feels like the goal posts have been moved for some reason. Any help seems a bit poor.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It's because the new iPhone is only pre order so they can't clear the device plan online until release day.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @boban, is this something you're seeing in My O2, or did you talk to Customer Service? 

We've got some more information that migth answer your question in our Apple Megathread:

Q. I'm due to upgrade now through Yearly Upgrade Programme. How do I do this?
A. 
So long as you've seen out at least 12 months of your contract, you can pre-order online or in-store. If pre-ordering online, you must choose the 'Click & Collect' store delivery option. When your new iPhone is ready for collection, you go to the store with your existing device where the store staff will process the upgrade for you.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35787 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Hmm... 4 months to go, and no sign of an "Upgrade on Us!" offer.  Must be because I only have about 90 quild left to pay off my device plan...  Or maybe I need one of those £50/month tarriffs with Yottabytes of data per month or summat!

Ah well, wait, like everyone else, I guess.Thoughful

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgn wrote:

Hmm... 4 months to go, and no sign of an "Upgrade on Us!" offer.  Must be because I only have about 90 quild left to pay off my device plan...  Or maybe I need one of those £50/month tarriffs with Yottabytes of data per month or summat!

Ah well, wait, like everyone else, I guess.Thoughful

The life of a cheapskate!

Message 5 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35787 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions
Message 6 of 6