Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade on us

mattp1986
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all after logging in to my 02 account I've received an offer to upgrade my phone a whole year earlier than I expected. It says 02 will cover the cost of the contract in full as long as I sign up for a new contract. This sounds too good to be true to me. Is this a one time deal and will it be valid for long. Thanks for reading
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@mattp1986  Best to speak to customer service before leaping into anything. Deals that sound too good to be true are usually not.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/How-to-find-help-amp-contact-O2-A-Guide/m-p/1201416

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143405 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@mattp1986 Occasionally customers are offered deals which are valid until you use them unless an expiry date is specified.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

mattp1986
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The offer was genuine so I ordered a new phone however I've mistakenly signed up for a 36 month deal when I wanted 24. I've now had to cancel the order. Will I be offered the same deal again or have I just messed it all up lol
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 12

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
I remember when I was looking at certain phones before o2 had deals like that.You got a specific phone which was involved in the offer and they rewarded you with an upgrade the following year.But if I’m correct I think you had to return the handset you bought.Other companies have done similar things in the past.Dont jump in,get all the info and decide for yourself.
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 143405 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@mattp1986 wrote:
The offer was genuine so I ordered a new phone however I've mistakenly signed up for a 36 month deal when I wanted 24. I've now had to cancel the order. Will I be offered the same deal again or have I just messed it all up lol

Just pay it off after 24 months.

If you cancel now you may not get the deal again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Ye I remember the deal it was 24 month contract but upgrade on 12th month but had to give phone back I ended up just paying off the phone and upgraded as that way I got to keep the phone but it could be a different offer tho as other has said best to keep then on 24 month pay the rest off
Message 8 of 12

mattp1986
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well I've just checked my 02 and the offer is still there so I've upgraded to an S20 Ultra on a 24 month deal. There was no mention of trading my S10+ back in either. I checked all the small print and there's no other changes. I wonder if its to bring me back to 02 refresh as my last contract was purchased through Carphone Warehouse. Either way not a bad result as I really wanted an S20 Ultra but with a year left on my contract I wasn't willing to pay the whole thing off yet. Must say having been with 02 for about 14 years now, they have been mostly great in that time. Would advise everyone to check their account as they may get a similar offer to me. Thanks for the help guys anyway
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 143405 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Good news @mattp1986 

Enjoy your new phone slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12