cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade offer...

Anonymous
Not applicable
I went on the My O2 app to see I'm due an upgrade in March, and checked the upgrade offers available. I was looking at the iPhone 7 32GB and the offer available to me (20GB, unlimited texts and calls) is the same deal that's currently available in the pay monthly section.

Went online to ask an agent why this is available as an upgrade offer when anyone can get it, but received the usual response that it's the best offer available.

Asked again why it was described as an upgrade offer but no response.

Anyone able to provide more information?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2's policy is to offer the same deal to all customers, new or old.
You may get a deal at the point you can upgrade by going through retentions (call 202 and choose the thinking of leaving option) but they won't give too much on an iPhone 7 as people are queuing up for them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
It was described as an upgrade offer because it offers you an upgraded handset.
Pretty clear to me
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
It was described as an upgrade offer because it offers you an upgraded handset.
Pretty clear to me

And to me, upgrades are not free handsets without paying for a new tariff which may be better or worse than the tariff you are on. Chance of a deal on an iphone 7 are virtually nil.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
You won't get a discount on the handset. You may get a few quid off your airtime plan
Message 5 of 5