cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade not yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, am hoping for an answer!

Ive had an iphone 3 from 02 for around 3 & a half years now. After the original 24 month contract i went on a monthly sim contract & i recently changed that to a 12 month sim contract which made it cheaper per month. Sadly my iphone main front button has worn & now refuses to work.

Im perfectly happy to sign up for a new handset on a 24 month contract but was told today (instore) that i cant upgrade till the end of the month. I know its not a biggy (12 days) but im miffed as to why i cant upgrade till then!?

Any help would be appreciated

Lee

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I can only presume its based off your last contract. If you'd off stayed on a rolling month contract you'd off been able to upgrade any time.

Sorry I know it's annoying:(

Try phoning CS see if they can do one better:) they normally have more power than store reps:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I can only presume its based off your last contract. If you'd off stayed on a rolling month contract you'd off been able to upgrade any time.

Sorry I know it's annoying:(

Try phoning CS see if they can do one better:) they normally have more power than store reps:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah thanks Liquid! i may well do that. not knocking the extremely helpful staff member who suggested my latest contract (took it out about 6 weeks ago i think) My beloved iphone has gone from hero to zero in a short space of time! slight_smile
Message 3 of 18

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Technology is great when it works:)

Message 4 of 18

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Let us know how you get on:)

Buttons can be brought and swapped out relatively easily if your tech savy
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will do! its the main front button but in all honesty she (the phone :D) is so slow now (after i installed the latest IOS for it) time to move on & salute the passing on it with full military honours! slight_smile
Message 6 of 18

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha:) iOS 6 really did show the ages of the 3 and 3GS 😞 I think your right. Retirement time:)

Well keep us updated slight_smile you decided which phone you want next?
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Liquid!

All sorted, after ringing CS this morning they informed me of a 'gremlin' on the system that wouldnt allow me to upgrade slight_smile also the muchly helpful person put me onto another muchly helpful broadband person who sorted me out on a half price deal on my broadband grin 

Got a Lumia 800 for £16.50 (24th month contract) in the end & im loving it. Thanks for your help, im genuinely chuffed with the 02 staff ive dealt with today, must leave some positive feedback for them (i presume you can do this via the website?)

Message 8 of 18

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Brilliant to hear mate:)

You know, they don't actually have a form for positive feedback haha(slightly pessimistic)

You can post it on here mentioning names or pm it to Leonard(admin) he's rather good at hunting people down and letting their managers know of the quality of service:)

Cheers for letting us know:)
Message 9 of 18

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Got to love the gremlins:)

Just not allowed to feed them after midnight;)
Message 10 of 18