cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just upgraded my phone online last night to what I thought was a good deal. Deal advertised/offered on official O2 site was iPhone 5 32GB on O2 refresh with upfront cost of £49.99 with unlimited calls, unlimited texts & 2GB of data for £37 a month. However since my order has been processed I've not been placed on the advertised tariff & instead have unlimited calls & texts with only 1GB of data. Anyone know why this is & whether or not O2 are obliged to honour what they are advertising?
Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Ring 02 on 202 ASAP to resolve this.

Something has glitched or you may have chosen the wrong offer in error.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Ring 02 on 202 ASAP to resolve this.

Something has glitched or you may have chosen the wrong offer in error.
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll try 202 but I can guarantee with 100% certainty I chose the correct tariff. When viewing the deal it came up as the recommended or most popular tariff. Took a screenshot of the deal but dunno how to add it in here.
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Customer Services will know what tariffs are available and guide you on what can be done.

Luck.
Message 4 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm curious as to why you would want to buy an iPhone 5 now, which isn't even 4G capable, when in less than a month there will be two new iPhones released that will certainly be better than what's currently on offer?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats a fair point Bambino.

OP, here is a link to the Tariffs Bambino speaks of.

Its certainly worth consideration.

http://www.o2.co.uk/4g/4g-tariffs

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I get where you guys are coming from regards the 4G & new iPhone's but seemed a better deal financially for me just now. Kinda thought that new phones would be a bit out my price range at launch. Anyhow I phoned 202 regarding the issues with the upgrade & after a bit of complaining & sending 1 email with proof of deal advertised they've agreed to honour it. Obviously an error in advert cos that deal would normally be £42 a month.
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's fair enough ref 4G.

I'm on Payg so it's not open to me just yet anyway.

I pay £20 for pay as you go go go which gives me ample allowance although more data than 1gb would be nice !

Well it certainly was worth taking a screen shot ,which helped back up what you signed up for.

Well done.

Nice phone choice too. wink
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I'm glad I had that as proof.
Advisor was looking at website while I was on the phone n saying it was showing 1GB for £37. I came off the phone went to website found the deal & took a screenshot again showing 2GB for £37. Sent it direct to his email then as I said he phoned back n said they'd honour it. Hope others are savvy enough to spot that & try & claim for it too.
I agree about the 1GB of data, nowhere near enough for a month, at least not for me anyway!
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

So all you have to do now is await the nice parcel holding your iPhone 5, and the set up of your contract.

I know this does not probably need mentioning but ensure any correspondence you now get shows the correct details of your tariff allowances, and check it on your My02.

Enjoy.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 16